Pages

Summer Fun

Summer Fun

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Winter is here which means Dry Skin -Here are a few tips:

Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus amygdalus var. dulcis):  is the nearest oil found naturally in the skin. This also helps to soften and nourish the wrinkles around the eyes. This oil is also great for you if you have eczema.
** People with known nut allergies should avoid use.

Apricot Oil (Prunus armeniaca): Apricot oil may be used for similar purposes as sweet almond oil. It is taken orally for it's vitamin and mineral content, particularly vitamin A and C.Apricot oil is a moisturizing tonic for the skin of the face and hands, and it can be massaged in the hair as well.
** This makes for a nice hair treatment, add a few drops of essential oil and leave in your hair for 30 min. Your hair will look and feel soft and silky.***
Camellia Oil (Camellia japonica): This is one of my personal favorites**** Camellia oil is very light on the skin, nourishing. I make a serum for my sister with Camellia oil and essential oils for acne. You can apply after washing your face and let it soak into the skin then apply make-up.
Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera): I use coconut oil just about everyday on my arms and legs. I also add 2 large spoonfuls to my morning smoothie. This is great for so many things such as balancing your thyroid.
I had recently had to go to the Endocrinologist because my thyroid levels were very low. I was told I had "Hypothyroidism," which means my body produces too much hormones, a month later I got blood work done again and my levels were sky high...... "Hyperthyroidism," which my body doesn't produce enough hormones. Let me tell you that was the worst 3 months, my body was constantly tired and I lost 10 pounds. I was told by the doctors that I had some thyroid disease. I first prayed that my body would heal itself and then I started adding a blend of essential oils: Cedarwood, Myrrh, and lemongrass, I mixed it with coconut oil and applied 3 drops twice a day for about 2 months. My latest blood work came back perfect. I know that it wasn't me, Jesus healed my body and gave me the tools to also help.

I purchase from www.Tropicaltraditions.com, they always have a sale each month on their "gold" coconut oil, which is pure and unrefined AKA raw.

Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis): This oil is great for ALL skin types, especially aging skin. It's very similar to sebum, the natural oil our body produces.  
*The great advantage of jojoba oil for commercial use is that it serves as a replacement for sperm whale oil, which is often used in the manufacturing of cosmetics.* Not something I want on my face...........

Pomegranate Seed Oil (Punica granatum): Pomegranate seed oil deeply nourishes the outer layer epidermal layer and provides powerful anti-oxidant benefits for numerous skin ailments including eczema, and psoriasis and gently challenges free radicals that damage and age the skin. A great ally to have in your cosmetic creations or as a stand alone product to help nourish and develop healthy skin cell regeneration.

 I find a lot of my herbs and oils from www.mountainroseherbs.com in Oregon. Just about everything they sell is organically grown there or shipped in from the specific region.

No comments :

Post a Comment