Pages

Summer Fun

Summer Fun

Friday, December 13, 2013

Want to make your own Infused Olive Oil???

I made Infused Garlic oil, but you can add any kind of herb you would like.
 
Ingredients Needed
8oz fresh garlic (peeled and minced)
Olive Oil (warm and sufficient to cover)
 
*Note: If you try Rosemary, basil, Lavender, or any other kind of herb make sure you wash it well and chop it us so the oils from the leaves or flower can be absorbed by the olive oil.**


~Warm the oil in a bowl over a pot of water or a double boiler. Place the garlic or any kind of herb you would like to use in a large jar. Add sufficient oil to cover the herb. Shake and then place in a warm place for 2-3 days. Strain through cotton or muslin, bottle and keep refrigerated.


Last Christmas I made this for each of my co-workers as a Christmas gift and I was told by my boss that it was better than some of the olive oil shops she has go to for tastings. This is a fun and great homemade gift.

I buy Sciabicas olive oil- Marsala (I cook with this all the time, use for skin products for my face and dry skin in the winters)
http://sunshineinabottle.com/products/extra-virgin-olive-oil/marsala-1-gallon.html#.Uqs-eajn99A

2 comments :

  1. Looks like Fun! does it need to marinate for a long time? or is it good to use right away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just let it sit 2-3 days in a warm area. I shake it twice a day and then strain it after the 2-3 days is up. You can use it right away if you would like but it wouldn't be as potent if you waited the few days.

    ReplyDelete